MendelMax 1.5 Calibration Part 2 + extra

Here is my final print,

10% infill 0.3 layer

100mm/s retract speed

3mm retract lenght

couldt be more happy with the resultĀ  :cayo:

20140612_012350

In addition to that I added a servo for auto bed leveling :) work quite nice I must say but problem is the servo is to far out to the front, I will need to print a new x-carriage so I can put the servo to the side so it can cover a lot more bed surface

20140612_131648

Posted under: 3D Stuff, Personal Life

Tagged as: , , , , , , ,

13 comments

• Lin on June 15, 2014 at 10:35 said:

Hi,

I’ve build the same kit, it works great but just not 100% like yours. I’m new to this have run some calibration but it seems get worse Im not sure if I’m doing it right. Can you please send me your Calibration to help me set it up?

• Idzuwan on June 15, 2014 at 22:29 said:

what do you mean by Swap Y axis? look at my part 3 post, the Y idler is my front (Y+) the Stepper motor is back (Y-)

Did you buy blomker kits? I’m using latest marlin firmware with autolevel function, I Will make another post regarding marlin setting for my printer

• Lin on June 16, 2014 at 14:57 said:

My Y axis is the same as you, I may just no use to the pronterface’s software interface. Y- shows its coming to the front of the machine in the software that why I’m confused sorry. Since the X+ move to my right and X- moves to the left I was thinking machine’s Y axis must be back to front.

Yes I’ve got blomker kit, just got it going last week. I’m using software off the website as a start but have not tough anything in the machine hardware setting or the marlin firmware. I’m using as how it come in the build guide as making adjustment in the slic3r software.

What software are you using?

Can’t wait for your new post, thanks for the help.

• Idzuwan on June 16, 2014 at 15:15 said:

Ok, I recommend you try to use the stock firmware come with the board, it good enough for normal print

have you try printing with the printer yet? what the issues? to get a good print make sure your bed are level on all 4 corner :)

I will post my slic3r setting when I get home

• Lin on June 16, 2014 at 16:26 said:

I’ve try the stock firmware, it do good enough for normal print but are trying to print slightly complex it don’t turn out so well that why have change some setting to get better print which it helped.

What I’ve done the Bed leveling is set the stop close to the bed than adjust the screw till 4 corner are the same using a sheet of paper than input the offset in slic3r.

How do I go about upgrade the firmware does it make a better print if I do? Lots of thanks for helping :)

• Idzuwan on June 16, 2014 at 16:31 said:

stock is good enough, the thing you need to tune is the slic3r software even if you upgrade the firmware but did not set your slicer good you will not get a good print result too, the only reason I upgraded my firmware is to enable EEPROM/LCD & auto leveling function, for starter stick with stock under you ready to do more :)

• Lin on June 16, 2014 at 16:41 said:

I’ve got the LCD too, but anything I change can’t store in the machine don’t look like its enabled.

So I’ve done all adjustemnt in the slic3r.

Is it hard to add auto leveling would like to get it running on my machine too save lot of time leveling the bed :)

• Idzuwan on June 16, 2014 at 16:44 said:

enabling auto level is not hard, but you will need a extra set of hardware (Servo) and you might need to extent you Z axis Endstop and you will need to print a servo attachment :)just tune the slic3r first before venturing ahead

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

hero ;) :| :x :twisted: :tido: :tensen: :swt: :spot: :sleepy: :shock: :run: :roll: :pasrah: :oops: :o :nono: :nangis: :muzik: :mrgreen: :mabuk: :lol: :kerek: :joget: :idea: :hedban: :evil: :desk: :cry: :cayo: :bored: :blur: :arrow: :amok: :P :D :?: :? :33: :32: :31: :30: :29: :28: :27: :26: :25: :24: :23 :22: :21: :20: :19: :18: :17: :16: :15: :13: :12: :11: :10: :09: :08: :07: :06: :05: :04: :03: :02: :01: :) :( :!: 8O 8)