This is my X550 from hobbyking build log, cheap frame made out of fiberglass plate with aluminum arm, to be honest all the part is cleanly cut as promoted the only this is lacking are “assembly manual” took some time for me to figure out how to assemble all the thing but still fairly easy to do so here is my pictorial build log
This is all the part come with in the box not much
as i mention earlier there no assembly manual what you see what you got, i wonder what we going to do with this bunch of screw, oh ya you will need HEX for all the screw!
So let start with the Arm, straight forward procedure insert the screw to the hole
do it with all 4, remember do not fastened it to tight if you want to fold it, if you dont have any plan to fold it just tighten it as hard as you can :p,
Note: good thing is all the nut are nylock!
do the same for Arm sorry i forgot to get the picture for arm landing skid so I skipped to the finished build T_T
Test fitting my DT750 motor
The frame can take prop size from 8 inch to 12 inch i think as I tested with 11 inch still have some space left
frame weight with out electronics
some few problem might to take note of when folding the frame
extra nut and bolts?
Battery strap come with the frame
As Peter request this is how I mount my DT750, I used stock mount I’m using M3 Screw for it, but you can’t use washer on top part you can only use at the bottom
PS: will not use DT750 for this frame to motor heavy I start sourcing for a new motors, not that this DT750 not good but I wont be doing any heavy lifting yet, for sport flying the motor is and overkill
1. frame is cheap $19.99 usd
2. Arm can be replaced with any aluminum tube you can find that sold in those hardware store or you can also use wood
3. Easy to assembly even without any instruction
4. fiber glass plate are nicely CNC cut
5. It light!, my DJI F330 is heavier than this frame :p
6. can take props size up to 12 inch!
7. all mount hole for motor pre-drilled but does not quite fit my DT750 motor
1. no instruction manual (it cheap can’t complain much) but would be nice to have one.
2. the fiber glass may wear out if you fold and unfold the frame to frequent.
Overall it a good frame to have especially for those looking for budget frame and don’t want to make your own frame :), still planning what to do with this frame maybe I’ll put DT750 motors or get a new smaller motor for this for now it will be join my others stuff in the cabinet