Another update of my Mendelmax Build, Part 1 can be found here Mendelmax 1.5 3D Printer BuildLog Part 1
Originally the extruder drive is installed like this but I don’t like to see the cable poking like that, What I did was I just rotated it 90 degree problem solve
next is fixing the loose hotend, Mr, Bayer suggested to put a M8 washer between the hotend/extruder but unfortunately the M8 washer a slightly bigger than the hole of the hotend, but lucky enough if you an RC and have these at your disposal
I taken the motor mount from the small brushless motor, take my dremel and grind it flat! presto you have a perfect fit washer which solve my loose hotend problem
nice fit in the extruder
this the fun part, software and electronics testing, I’m using repetier-host for my software for now until my LCD controller arrive, wiring still a mess as I need to test the RAMPS1.4 first before tidying up everything,
when sending my XYZ to home I just realize that my machine is backward lol! look like I have to fix that later and also need to move my spool holder to the back of the printer, plus need to re-route the extruder fans/hotend cable to the back too
Because it was late I was not able to finish software testing only manage to test my end stop are working perfectly fine, more to come stay tune!