Holy crap! literally CRAP! hopefully none of these made it into my hotend T_T
Here is my final print,
10% infill 0.3 layer
100mm/s retract speed
3mm retract lenght
couldt be more happy with the result
In addition to that I added a servo for auto bed leveling work quite nice I must say but problem is the servo is to far out to the front, I will need to print a new x-carriage so I can put the servo to the side so it can cover a lot more bed surface
I updated my ramps to the latest version even tho setting are almost perfect but still having oozing issues as we can see on my test print result below, still need to play around with the extruder setting!
at least bridging are perfect!
Finally a fully functional Reprap 3D printer, got my crucial part for cleaning up my wiring which is a acrylic plate, cleaned up my wiring nice and tidy now :), for previous post
here few thing that I have printed after the calibration,
Gopro 2 Naked mount (www.thingiverse.com/thing:25628)
Base Plate and if you notice it now attached to my front frame of the printer
a few micro quad arm (www.thingiverse.com/thing:158809)
Overall it a fun build and straight forward, I still waiting for my LCD controller so I don’t need to have my laptop connected to the RAMPS when printing which is sometime will take 12 hours!
I tried to print Zam Kossel part but 20 minutes before completion whole house when blackout! the print almost take 5 hours but failed at the end but I think I can still use the part
Another update of my Mendelmax Build, Part 1 can be found here Mendelmax 1.5 3D Printer BuildLog Part 1
Originally the extruder drive is installed like this but I don’t like to see the cable poking like that, What I did was I just rotated it 90 degree problem solve
next is fixing the loose hotend, Mr, Bayer suggested to put a M8 washer between the hotend/extruder but unfortunately the M8 washer a slightly bigger than the hole of the hotend, but lucky enough if you an RC and have these at your disposal
I taken the motor mount from the small brushless motor, take my dremel and grind it flat! presto you have a perfect fit washer which solve my loose hotend problem
nice fit in the extruder
this the fun part, software and electronics testing, I’m using repetier-host for my software for now until my LCD controller arrive, wiring still a mess as I need to test the RAMPS1.4 first before tidying up everything,
when sending my XYZ to home I just realize that my machine is backward lol! look like I have to fix that later and also need to move my spool holder to the back of the printer, plus need to re-route the extruder fans/hotend cable to the back too
Because it was late I was not able to finish software testing only manage to test my end stop are working perfectly fine, more to come stay tune!